Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i change my apple id, how about the data on the old apple id?

Hello,

My phone has stolen by someone and the apple id was active on the phone. Last time the thief could change the password of my apple id and my email using my phone number. Later then, i succeed to recover my email and my apple id. I have changed the password of my apple id and removed all the devices that related to my old devices.

But until now, I'm still afraid the thief could access my phone and my apple id, remembering all the online banking was active also on that device. Would they? And how if i want to change my apple id, will the data transfer as well or i will lost my data? Could u guys advice me, which one is better whether i create a new apple id or enough by changing the password and the apple id?

My phone is 7+ and running iOS 11 currently.

Thank you so much and I'm looking for your feedback

Thank you!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:21 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2017 7:29 AM in response to salsabilmnwn

All purchases are tied to the Apple ID used when making the purchase. They can't be transferred to a new Apple ID. If you do a name and password change, you should retain your purchases. You also might want to consider 2 Factor Authentication or 2 Step Verification for extra security.

Apple ID Name Change

Apple ID Password Change

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

if i change my apple id, how about the data on the old apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.