Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay to Apple TV

Hi all, I have been having issues with Apple music tracks intermittently pausing when AirPlaying to apple tv.

I have tested this with 2 x iPhone 6s and an IPad Air (all on iOS 11.2.1 as of today) with the same results.

The apple TV is connected to the router via ethernet and to an A/V receiver via HDMI.

So far, I have tried resetting all devices involved as well as trying a different router.

I do not believe that it is internet speed related as the issue continues to occur when the tracks are downloaded to the device in the Apple music app before AirPlay-ing them. Furthermore, this "stuttering" effect isn't present when listening (locally or streamed) via the headphone jack or bluetooth.

Finally, if I play a Movie held in iTunes on a Mac Book pro via the Apple TV GUI there are no issues at all.

I have a feeling this may be iOS 11 related as it used to work perfectly prior to the upgrade. Has anyone else experienced (and maybe fixed) this?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:04 AM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2017 2:17 PM in response to smithoj

Greetings smithoj,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are having issues playing music over AirPlay on multiple iOS devices. Since this does not happen when you are connected via a headphone jack or Bluetooth, it sounds like there may be a wireless interference issue with the Wi-Fi. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue.

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

Take care.

Dec 18, 2017 2:28 PM in response to mario49

Thanks for the reply mario49. I have read through the article and the only thing near my wireless router is a subwoofer speaker. However the issue persists when this is unplugged.

I also note that streaming a video from iTunes on my laptop over WiFi has no issues and screen mirroring my iPhone is also fine - it is only airplay from the Apple Music ios app that doesn’t work correctly

AirPlay to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.