Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

easy method of taking a screen shot ?

Hi all I had a stroke in march of this year and have only just got back to using my Mac book pro and i find the combination of key presses needed to take a screen shot is beyond my hands/fingers capability

please is there an easier way ?, is there an App i can use that is recommended ? perhaps specialy for folk with a disability , thank you if anyone can help

tim

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), iPhone 5S, wife has iPad2 and my 4S

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:09 AM

8 replies

Dec 20, 2017 4:48 AM in response to timmy toad

...although it looks like another steep learning curve, thanks...

It should not be steep. It basically gives you the features of the keyboard keyboard without all the finger gymnastics. Everything is mouse/trackpad point and click. The dialog boxes I displayed above are what comes up with each different flavor of "Grab", so the app walks you through everything.

Yet ANOTHER way to take screenshots is to use Applications -> Automator

Automator -> New -> Application

Search for 'Snapshot'

User uploaded file

Drag the item to the right panel

Customize the "Take Screenshot" controls (experiment)

Don't forget to set the "Save To" entry so your screen shots get saved.

You can create multiple Automator apps, each one with a different customization for the different types of screen shot you want to take.

You can then put the apps you create in an easy play, such as the Dock so you can take screen shots by double clicking on the app.

Or you could create a New -> Service, which should be available via each apps -> Services menu item. Again, create as may services as you desire for the different types of screen shots you wish to use.

easy method of taking a screen shot ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.