Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any option for split screen (side by side before and after) comparisons of colour correcting (grading)?

So are there any options for split screen or side by side (before and after) comparisons of a clip when colour correcting?

Final Cut Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 27" 5K iMac, Mac mini i5 2.5GH

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:20 AM

There's a very kludgy method to make a compound clip of the clip or group you want to compare. Select the compound in the browser and open the event viewer. As I said kludgy. Needs to be fixed.

We need still store, dupe detection, and scrolling timeline, not to mention audio mixing.

9 replies

Dec 18, 2017 3:32 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

We need still store, …

for those who need such a 'reference table', there's a handy AutotmatorScript for that:

http://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/28312-stillstore-in-fcpx

and, a very lame workaround is, to double the clip (Opt-drag upward) and apply a Crop to it… delete after use. This allows usage of the Scope…:

User uploaded file

Dec 18, 2017 2:36 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ian R. Brown wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a "still store"?

a still-store in video-editing is a collection of frame-grabs of your project.

most likely used to have a reference for color-correction.

In a perfect world, this in done automatically - as described in that linked article with the Automator script: You select a frame, export it, and presto, it appears in your still-store. From there you can use it as 'template' for CC …

Any option for split screen (side by side before and after) comparisons of colour correcting (grading)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.