Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have installed the certificate profile. However, the certificate isn't shown in the trust settings. Any hints?

I have created a self-signed ECC certificate. I transfer the root CA to my iOS 10.3.3 via airdrop. The profile is installed successfully. however, as i mentioned, the certificate trust setting keeps empty. Any hints?

Thanks

Ken

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:41 AM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2017 12:31 PM in response to yunkpoon2

Ken,

You say it's "self-signed" but then talk about transferring a root CA. If the certificate is truly self-signed, by definition it wasn't issued by any CA. If it was issued by a CA, then by definition the certificate isn't self-signed. (Your root CA might be self-signed, but that's a different setup.) So for starters, you should clarify if the certificate is self-signed, or issued by a (possibly self-signed) CA.

Dec 18, 2017 11:48 AM in response to yunkpoon2

No, you have to create a profile with the certificate in it. The easiest way to do this is to use Apple Configurator (free in the App Store) to create a profile with a Certificate payload. You can then use Configurator to install the profile (and it will automatically enable trust for SSL), or you can export the profile from Configurator and send it to your device via email or text or AirDrop, in which case you'll have to follow the steps in the article to enable SSL trust.

I have installed the certificate profile. However, the certificate isn't shown in the trust settings. Any hints?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.