Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internal MBP display black if non macOS boot

Hello

I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina late 2013 with macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Installed was also with the Bootcamp Assistent Windows 10 1709. Some days ago when I started Windows just with the internal Macbook screen the screen stayed black. When I connected a external screen via HDMI then I could see everything under Windows normal. When I boot to macOS then I can see also everything on the internal screen doesn't matter if a external screen is connected or not.
After removed the BootCamp partition to install Windows again. After creating the Bootcamp partition and rebooting the macbook to the created Windows installation FlashDrive it's possible to see the Windows Logo but after the internal Screen get's black and it's also not possible to see something on the external screen in this situation. On an other Macbook it's possible to boot from the Flash Drive and it works fine so show the installation screens on the internal screen.

Any idea? Thanks in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:56 AM

11 replies

Dec 18, 2017 9:06 AM in response to Loner T

Dear Loner T,

Thanks for your Input. There is no difference with or without the power adapter.

I did also some researches in the Internet and what I found was: MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues - Apple Support , just in this article is just spoken about 15" Macbook pro and not about 13", so I think this is not the topic.

regards Chrigu

Dec 17, 2017 11:16 AM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T

Thanks for your reply.

In Windows 10 the Updates installs automaticly yes.

But as I deleted now the Windows partition and try to install new the Win10, it's with the official Microsoft iso (1709 and also 1703) which I used to ceate a flash drive from Bootcamp assistent. On the MacbookPro 13 while the boot to Windows installation I see just the Windows Logo and after a black screen. The same Stick works well on an other Macbook..

Dec 18, 2017 3:16 PM in response to Loner T

Hy,

The MBP 13" 2013 don't have a nvidia card and this is the one with the problem - black screen. Actually is no Windows installed because I wanted to reinstall the Windows after the problems but no chance to get a usable screen after reboot from bootcamp assistent.

The MBP 15" mid 2014 is the Macbook with a nvidia 750m card but this is absolutly working fine in every case. I just wanted to tell, that with this the created Flash drive don't have a problem to display the Windows installation screen.

So I can't try the drivers on the non working Macbook Pro 13" from 2013. The working one is installed with Windows 10 1709 and the newest drivers.

Dec 19, 2017 5:54 AM in response to Loner T

Yes, ont the 2013 Macbook the BootCamp Assistent created a bootable USB Flash drive with the Windows installer and the Bootcamp Support Files. Boot from the USB looks as it would work general, because I can see the Windows Logo while loading but after the loading with the Windows Logo the display gets black. While the same USB drive is working perfect on the 2014 Macbook so after the loading the files and so on I can see the Dialog to select the language and Keyboardlayaut and so on...

internal MBP display black if non macOS boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.