Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Not Auto Updating Apps

After the last 2 IOS updates my iPhone 7 Plus will download App updates, but will not auto update - have to do it manually. I go into 'Settings', 'iTunes & App Store', turn off 'Updates', wait a few minutes then turn 'Updates' back on - all okay. But, after next IOS update it repeats.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.1, 128GB

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:41 AM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2017 12:20 PM in response to El Portalian

Hello El Portalian,

I see that you're having an issue with your apps not automatically updating. I know it's important to keep your apps up to date, and I'd be happy to help.

Looks like you've already done a few great troubleshooting steps. From here let's have you sign out and back into the iTunes & App Store. ​Let's go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on your Apple ID and sign out. Once you're signed out, restart your device and go back to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign in. This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again.

The other thing that you'll want to do is make sure that you're connected to a good internet connection for the downloads and updates to occur.

Let me know how this goes.

Thank you for using Apple Suppport Communities.
Have a great day!

Dec 18, 2017 2:48 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks Allen for the response. I apologize, but I failed to mention in my post that I had also performed the step you suggested as well: "signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in." Yep, lost my Playlist in Apple Music - sure was a shock at first. Just set it up again, not a problem. Just so happens there haven't been any app updates in the last few days (hardly ever on the weekends) so it is now a waiting game. Will see what happens and report back. Thanks again!

iPhone 7 Plus Not Auto Updating Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.