Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import old iPhone photos that have since been edited or modified?

So I have imported all the photos off of my phone. I have since gone back and edited some of the photos. Will the photos app recognize the edits and re-import that photo or the edited photo?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:00 AM

8 replies

Dec 17, 2017 11:13 AM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry,

The OS on my iMac is now High Sierra. I have auto updates on for the operating system so whatever the most recent version is, is what is most likely installed. I'm sorry I can give you a specific right now we are in the middle of a remodel and the computer is boxed up. As for the iOS device it is running 10.3.3 and is an iPhone 7 Plus.

We have imported all of the photos from that phone. She has since gone back and made changes or edits to some photos. When we have tried in the past I recall that the edited photos were not imported (originally) or re-imported On subsequent imports.

On a side note, has anyone used or created a script or function to compare what's on the iOS device with the photos app?

Thanks,

Justin

Dec 17, 2017 2:24 PM in response to CaptnJB

Is iCloud Photo Library turned ON on both the iMac and the iPhone? And are they both signed into the same Apple ID? Because then Photos on the two will sync the photos/videos on both devices and any changes made on either device to a photo will then be synced to the other device.

If you are not using iCloud Photo Library ON BOTH, then you would have to manually sync the two using USB and iTunes to get the newer versions onto your iMac. Or you can use AirDrop on the iPhone to send them to the Mac when the two devices are near each other and both have AirDrop turned on.

Dec 17, 2017 3:12 PM in response to swandy

Hi,

iCloud is NOT turned on. We have over 2TB of photos. We also sync using usb. If it matters for syncing Via USB they are not on the same Apple ID.

So here is my experience.

1. Import your photos.

2. Unplug the iOS device and use normally

3. Edit a photo that is older, say a week.(or two photos)

4. Import your photos again

do you get the changes via usb?

How to import old iPhone photos that have since been edited or modified?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.