Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finder on mac os 10.13.2

I recently installed macOS High Sierra v 10.13.2 and FINDER will not sort my files by "last date opened". All other sort options work well.

Model Name: MacBookAir6,2

Is there anything i can do to fix this condition.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:08 PM

What do you get?

Date Last Opened requires Metadata to be set on the file. High Sierra changed the metadata for that item, so it must be re-established. If you haven't opened it since installing High Sierra, that data doesn't exist so the file won't be sorted by Date Last Opened. It appears to revert to by name if there isn't any LastUsedDate metadata.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 6:08 PM in response to Mariotyp

What do you get?

Date Last Opened requires Metadata to be set on the file. High Sierra changed the metadata for that item, so it must be re-established. If you haven't opened it since installing High Sierra, that data doesn't exist so the file won't be sorted by Date Last Opened. It appears to revert to by name if there isn't any LastUsedDate metadata.

finder on mac os 10.13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.