Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi takes a while to find any connections after waking from sleep

Lately, as of the past week or two, whenever i open my macbook pro (2017) it will wake up immediately, as usual, but it will take like 30seconds or so before it can find any wifi connection, and even then, I typically have to manually connect to the router.

This is weird because i used to be connected to the internet near instantly after waking it up from the internet, automatically, and without having to wait 30 seconds to find ANY router. Unsure why this is happening and if it has anything to do with the latest mac updates.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:27 AM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2017 12:24 PM in response to PieOtter

Hi there, PieOtter,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that your MacBook Pro is having trouble automatically connecting to your Wi-Fi network. I'd be happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend first going through macOS Sierra: Troubleshoot connecting to the Internet , then using the steps in macOS Sierra: Solve network connection problems if your issue continues.

Have a lovely day!

Wifi takes a while to find any connections after waking from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.