Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp preview notifications gone - iPhone X

I just upgraded from iPhone 7 to iPhone X and now find the WhatsApp notifications no longer have a preview. Instead you just get the senders name and 'notification'. My iOS was up to date on the iPhone 7.

Anyone else have this issue? I saw an update from 2015 from WhatsApp that said they weren't doing notification previews due to encryption for older software but can't find anything else?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:40 AM

Try these steps:

Settings>Notifications> 1st option "show preview" must be set to "always".

Then scroll down to Whatsapp... tap on it and check that the last option (show preview) is set to "always" too.

Restart your iPhone.

Open Whatsapp app, then Notifications, scroll down to show preview and this must be set to on (green).

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 8:40 AM in response to doodledonz

Try these steps:

Settings>Notifications> 1st option "show preview" must be set to "always".

Then scroll down to Whatsapp... tap on it and check that the last option (show preview) is set to "always" too.

Restart your iPhone.

Open Whatsapp app, then Notifications, scroll down to show preview and this must be set to on (green).

Regards

Giulio

WhatsApp preview notifications gone - iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.