Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro will not reinstall OS from macOS utilities

I have recently run into the HS update that has crippled my macbook pro 13 inch. Reading through some of the threads, I decided to try and reinstall the OS from the utilities. After selecting "install macOS", continue; the macOS High Sierra appears. After clicking continue, "the recovery server could not be contacted" message appears. My only option after that is to return to the utilities page.

I have tried all of the first aids, and I may have deleted something that I shouldnt have.

DISK UTILITY shows the following:

OS X BASE SYSTEM internal

TOSHIBA MK5065... internal

OS X BASE SYSTEM disk image

I do not use my computer for very much, so I am shocked to see that I have 733.1 MB, maybe this is the problem.

I do not care to have anything saved from installed aps or memory. SO I am just trying to get a base system running and free up some memory.

Thank you for any assistance that is provided.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:14 AM

3 replies

macbook pro will not reinstall OS from macOS utilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.