Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 'Your disk could not be partitioned'

Hello I have just bought a Mac Book Pro 2017 Touch bar and would like to install Windows 10 but every time it try to partition the drive it comes up with the error below. I have tried - Restart-Command S key -/sbin/fsck -fybut with no success.

I have read on various blogs, in order to resolve the issue a time machine back up is required and then to erase the contents of hard drive and reinstall??? I don't see why this should be necessary, as it is a brand new mac book? Please can any one help?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:32 AM

16 replies

Dec 20, 2017 6:58 AM in response to Loner T

Same problems here, did what you said, and terminal said: 'thinned local snapshots: "current date"' - so that seemed to have worked. Couldn't partition my drive though, even after that.

Some users suggested '/sbin/fsck –fy' in single user mode, but that hasn't worked either. Seems that this command doesn't work for a lot of high sierra users. Do you have any more suggestions? Do you know if Apple is aware of these problems?

Thanks a lot!!!

Iven

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 'Your disk could not be partitioned'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.