Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri voice

Is it possible to have Siri's voice set to American Female on my iPad (IOS 11.2.1) while Siri's voice is set to British Female on my iMac (OS 10.13.2)? Whenever I change to voice on one device the other immediately changes to match it. They appear to be somehow linked together.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 12:10 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities dsanfili,

It's awesome to be able to change the settings for Siri so that it works just like you'd like it to, and I'm happy to help you in doing so. The more you use Siri, the more it will learn so that it's providing you with the a better and more personalized experience when using it. Siri has the ability to sync via iCloud so you're getting this same experience across all of your devices. This syncing includes some of the settings you've set, with Siri Voice being one of them.

To prevent the changes made to Siri Voice from syncing across all of your devices, you'll need to disable iCloud syncing for Siri. You can do this on either one of those devices, or you can disable it on both. To do so on your iPad, go to Settings > tap on your name > iCloud > Siri. On your iMac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Siri.

You can learn more about Siri and all of the things it can do here: Siri .

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 12:10 PM in response to dsanfili

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities dsanfili,

It's awesome to be able to change the settings for Siri so that it works just like you'd like it to, and I'm happy to help you in doing so. The more you use Siri, the more it will learn so that it's providing you with the a better and more personalized experience when using it. Siri has the ability to sync via iCloud so you're getting this same experience across all of your devices. This syncing includes some of the settings you've set, with Siri Voice being one of them.

To prevent the changes made to Siri Voice from syncing across all of your devices, you'll need to disable iCloud syncing for Siri. You can do this on either one of those devices, or you can disable it on both. To do so on your iPad, go to Settings > tap on your name > iCloud > Siri. On your iMac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Siri.

You can learn more about Siri and all of the things it can do here: Siri .

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Siri voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.