Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get rid of the moon next to my text messages

Moon next to my texts

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 10:33 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 12:35 PM in response to LVTINO

Hey LVTINO!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're curious about this symbol next to your texts, and the good news is, it's pretty easy to deal with once you know what you're looking for. What you're seeing is a feature known as Do Not Disturb, which prevents notifications and alerts during times you might not want to receive them (such as during an event, at night when you're trying to sleep, or while you're driving). Do Not Disturb can be enabled as a general setting, which effects all notifications and alerts across the device; find out more about that and how to disable it here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Alternatively, Do Not Disturb can be enabled for individual message threads or contacts, which it sounds like is what you're seeing. Check this out:

Hide alerts

To stop receiving message notifications, you can use Hide Alerts. Go to the conversation that you want to mute, tap User uploaded file, then turn on Hide Alerts and tap Done. When Hide Alerts is on, User uploaded file will appear next to the conversation. This stops notifications only for that message conversation, not your device. You’ll still receive all other messages and see notifications for them on your Lock screen.

You can also hide alerts for all your conversations by turning on Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings and tap Do Not Disturb or Scheduled to set up a specific timeframe. This stops all notifications on your device.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Either way, using these articles you should be able to get rid of the moon moving forward. Just let me know if you run into trouble while following these steps so I can keep working on it with you.
Cheers!

how do I get rid of the moon next to my text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.