Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X - Vodafone UK screen problem

I have the iPhone X 64gb . The issue I have is this and wondered if any other user has come across it. On the locked home screen to the left of the “notch” are the words “Vodafone UK” which scroll and slide from right to left. This is constant while the screen is locked. It does have a momentary pause but keeps flowing. On mine it stays frozen so all you see is “odafone u” as the other letters are hidden as it is not scrolling! Only once the phone is turned off and on will it work but once you have unlocked and lock again it freezes and stays frozen. I have updated the lates iOS, reset erased restored with and without back up and even been to the Genius Bar where they replaced my handset but the problem is still there. I’ve run out of options and it’s taken so much time with all the resetting and restoring I’ve had enough! It’s not a big thing but it’s annoying as it’s there and it shouldn’t be. Has anyone else noticed this or come across it? And I’ve checked other phones and it should scroll and not be frozen! Any suggestions?

It seems to be an IOS software issue as the issue was ok on IOS 11.1 only when updating to IOS 11.2 and now 11.2.1 the problem is still there.

I have reported the bug to Apple but maybe someone has a solution?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 5:44 PM

I'm with Vodafone IT, but I don't have an IPX to make a test (in my iP7 the carrier's name is OK).

Please check your zoom and fint size settings. They should be set to "Standard" or "Normal".

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

iPhone X - Vodafone UK screen problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.