Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I get a blank page when I Import from scanner in Preview?

For some reason in Preview v.9.0 (909.18) I started having a problem: when I use "File/Import from scanner name..." I scan the image but the new file is blank. I see the thumbnail in the sidebar on the left side but only a blank page for the image I scanned. I found that by using the "Scale document up/down" buttons I can bring the scanned image into view. Is there a way to reset something so that the scanned image will appear as full size image that fits in the Preview window as it used to? Thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Time Capsule; AGT784WNV DSL Gateway

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 11:35 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 2:17 PM in response to technology today

Hello technology today,

I see that you're having an issue with viewing scanned images in Preview. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's start by checking with the manufacturer to see if there is a driver update available. If after checking on that the issue still remains or the driver is already up to date, take a look at this article for steps to reset the printing system:

If you can‘t print from your Mac or iOS device
Look at the section in this article that is titled " Reset the printing system".
If the issue remains, reply back with the answers to the following questions.
1. When did this issue begin? After an update or installing new software?
2. Does the issue remain if you start up into safe mode?

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Why do I get a blank page when I Import from scanner in Preview?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.