Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot uploaded pictures from my iphone6 to my macbook- my macbook keeps asking me to unlock my phone but it is unlocked

Ever since the latest IOS update I am having issues on my macbook

The latest issue is when I try to uploaded pictures from my iphone my macbook doesnt recognize the photos and keeps asking me to unlock my iphone

help

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 11:20 AM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2017 12:32 PM in response to dbailey90

Hello dbailey90,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you updated iOS and now your MacBook is having trouble recognizing photos. There are a few different ways you may be syncing the photos. Are you syncing through iTunes or through the Photos app? If you are using iTunes to sync the photos, one option is to turn off iTunes sync photos and reenable it. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.​

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Turn off iTunes syncing

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Dec 18, 2017 6:53 PM in response to chris_g1

I came across this message when reading the article you recommended

If you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

If you can't import your photos to your computer, or your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, try these steps.

This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.

I cannot uploaded pictures from my iphone6 to my macbook- my macbook keeps asking me to unlock my phone but it is unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.