Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saved project lost after crash

I named my project "Teamweekend" and I started editing. I closed iMovie and a few days later I opened it again and it still existed.

Today, I opened iMovie, starting editing, but then iMovie crashed and my Mac Pro shut down. When I reopened iMovie the project was gone. Nowhere to be found.

When I wanted to make a new project named "Teamweekend", iMovie said it already existed. When I searched through all fragments for that same name iMovie said it had found 1 thing that matched but didn't display it.

How do I find my project back?

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:37 PM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 6:48 PM in response to ELKemperman

Hi,

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10.x.x, go to the iMovie backups folder that keeps periodic backups of your iMovie library. Click on the library backup that is dated just before you lost your project. iMovie will open and you should be able to find your lost project in the Projects library.

To get to the backups folder go to the Finder menu and follow this file path: Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.apple.iMovieApp/Data/Library/Caches/iMovie Backups.

-- Rich

Saved project lost after crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.