Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: upgrading to El Capitan

I'm presently using a mac mini with OS X 7.5.0 (Lion). I'm finding that a lot of the applications are no longer supported and am wondering if upgrading to OS X El Capitan is possible. Here are the specs on my mac mini:

Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Please advise me if a later version of OS X is possible to upgrade to on this mac. I don't want to by a newer desktop computer but would like to be able to access later versions of the applications.

Power Mac G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

That Mac can be upgraded to El Capitan, but not to an OS newer than that.

(155959)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 17, 2017 6:28 PM in response to Niel In response to Niel

One more question, Niel:

I'm looking to purchase El Capitan, but want to make sure this is what I need to get:

Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Full OS Install - Reinstall / Recovery Upgrade Downgrade / Repair Utility Factory Reset Disc Flash Drive Disk

Would you please confirm that this is correct. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Dec 17, 2017 6:28 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: peterpan49

Question: upgrading to El Capitan