Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color presets in 10.3 to 10.4 are missing from update ?

I upgraded from 10.3 to 10.4 and everything went smoothly or so I thought.

I went to apply a color board this morning to set of videos using a bunch of presets that I have steadily been creating over the last year for the rooms that I use, because the light can be inconsistent sometimes, but I've got them narrowed down to a few auto settings when certain conditions occur.

I went to go load one, and discovered that ALL of my settings, all 72 of them are gone!!

Ok, not gone as I discovered the Color Board files are still in their proper folder (/Library/Application Support/ProApps/Color Presets), but they're not being loaded as presets in FCP 10.4 as they were being loaded in 10.3.x!!!! That's not cool. It took hours to get those settings just right, on just ONE lighting set up, and now I have go back and re-do them? I don't think so Apple. Where are my settings ???!?!?!?!?!??!e

Anyone have any idea how to get them to load properly ?????

Miles.

Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), null

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 6:34 AM

Ok, if anyone is having this same problem where the color presets aren't being recognized, the issue isn't clear as to why it's happening, just that it's occuring.

The solution is:

1.) Quit FCPx 10.4.
2.) Go into the folder location (/Library/Application Support/ProApps/Color Presets) 3.) Rename EACH file in the folder, all it needs is a slight rename. I just added -# to each one. Like for instance if the file name was "FalmouthColorLevels", I changed that to "FalmouthColorLevels-1", and the next one in that sequence -2 and so on.
3.) Restart FCPx 10.4. Your presets are NOW effects and located in the effects panel!

Thanks to Tom Wolsky, Chris Hocking, and Marcus Moore for their help in figuring this out!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 6:34 AM in response to Miles Xx

Ok, if anyone is having this same problem where the color presets aren't being recognized, the issue isn't clear as to why it's happening, just that it's occuring.

The solution is:

1.) Quit FCPx 10.4.
2.) Go into the folder location (/Library/Application Support/ProApps/Color Presets) 3.) Rename EACH file in the folder, all it needs is a slight rename. I just added -# to each one. Like for instance if the file name was "FalmouthColorLevels", I changed that to "FalmouthColorLevels-1", and the next one in that sequence -2 and so on.
3.) Restart FCPx 10.4. Your presets are NOW effects and located in the effects panel!

Thanks to Tom Wolsky, Chris Hocking, and Marcus Moore for their help in figuring this out!

Dec 17, 2017 6:13 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

well that S U C K S! I know you're helping out here @Tom and this isn't your thing but that's not useful as I'm sure you already know. That data has to be there somewhere. They didn't just abandon all your settings. I'm certain that I'm not the only one that's thinking this or trying to do this. I don't use a color grading tool for my work and I never have.. I haven't needed to. My video is instructional videos on a very low budget set up. I turn on the camera, talk for a bit, process the resulting video through FCPx and upload that. Simple. In the process, I usually fix the color and lighting to make it look nice. I mean I have studio lights and actual audio mic and whatnot, but I've set up my lighting so that I can literally select the file (once it's loaded) and then pull up the presets and apply it and I'm done.

Now, not so much with that!

Dec 17, 2017 6:27 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, you weren't that far off. It does allow for you to look at an existing file, and then copy the existing settings from a project. It just s u c k s that I have over 70 of these things and now I have to go back to each and every project that I've ever created to get them all back, I have over 300 videos that I've created!!! This DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!!!!. J e s u s H. C h r i s t. If you figure out a way to get my settings back....I'd be most appreciative sir!

Color presets in 10.3 to 10.4 are missing from update ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.