Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: can't search with titles in Photos

I just started running High Sierra on a late 2013 21.5" iMac. I'm having a problem searching for photos in the Photos app. When I search for Title I don't get any results. It only shows albums. Is anyone else having this problem?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on

Dec 17, 2017 5:27 PM in response to LarryHN In response to LarryHN

What I generally do with photos is open the information panel and add a Title, Description and

Keyword(s). Usually I can search for any one of those to find what I'm looking for. I installed High Sierra this weekend. Now I'm noticing that when I search using one of those qualifiers I'm not getting any results.

If I use an album or folder name it works but I don't have all my photos in those two categories. The Title, Description and Keyword use to work. I'm wondering if that is a new "feature" in High Sierra, if there's a glitch, or if there is a setting I need to make. ( In View>Metadata I have all the items checked off.)

Dec 17, 2017 5:27 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 20, 2017 9:36 AM in response to Barry Blanchard In response to Barry Blanchard

Sorry, I don't have an answer. I do have a similar problem though.

With the finder.

I use a file naming convention of ####_Last_First_Type

When I search for the name in the finder window It doesn't find anything. I know I have many for this client so I manually found them. Then searched for it again, and found nothing.

Usually could search any portion of the name and get all the folders as a result. Feel like I can't trust the search results now.

Anybody having the same issues?

Dec 20, 2017 9:36 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 20, 2017 9:56 AM in response to The_Culprit In response to The_Culprit

The_Culprit wrote:

Sorry, I don't have an answer. I do have a similar problem though.

With the finder.

I use a file naming convention of ####_Last_First_Type

When I search for the name in the finder window It doesn't find anything. I know I have many for this client so I manually found them. Then searched for it again, and found nothing.

Usually could search any portion of the name and get all the folders as a result. Feel like I can't trust the search results now.

Anybody having the same issues?

Please explain how this involves the Photos for Mac application where you are posting - nothing you do in Photos can be searched in the finder, you only access your Photos library information using the Photos application

LN

Dec 20, 2017 9:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 20, 2017 1:10 PM in response to Barry Blanchard In response to Barry Blanchard

Searching for part of a title is working well for me on High Sierra.

For example, searching for titles containing "Moon":

User uploaded file

Perhaps your Photos Library has a corruption. You may want to make a test with a new library - just three photos or so. Add titles to the photos and try to search for the titles. Does it work in. a new library?

Dec 20, 2017 1:10 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Barry Blanchard

Question: can't search with titles in Photos