Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't search with titles in Photos

I just started running High Sierra on a late 2013 21.5" iMac. I'm having a problem searching for photos in the Photos app. When I search for Title I don't get any results. It only shows albums. Is anyone else having this problem?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:40 PM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2017 5:27 PM in response to LarryHN

What I generally do with photos is open the information panel and add a Title, Description and

Keyword(s). Usually I can search for any one of those to find what I'm looking for. I installed High Sierra this weekend. Now I'm noticing that when I search using one of those qualifiers I'm not getting any results.

If I use an album or folder name it works but I don't have all my photos in those two categories. The Title, Description and Keyword use to work. I'm wondering if that is a new "feature" in High Sierra, if there's a glitch, or if there is a setting I need to make. ( In View>Metadata I have all the items checked off.)

Dec 20, 2017 9:36 AM in response to Barry Blanchard

Sorry, I don't have an answer. I do have a similar problem though.

With the finder.

I use a file naming convention of ####_Last_First_Type

When I search for the name in the finder window It doesn't find anything. I know I have many for this client so I manually found them. Then searched for it again, and found nothing.

Usually could search any portion of the name and get all the folders as a result. Feel like I can't trust the search results now.

Anybody having the same issues?

Dec 20, 2017 9:56 AM in response to The_Culprit

The_Culprit wrote:

Sorry, I don't have an answer. I do have a similar problem though.

With the finder.

I use a file naming convention of ####_Last_First_Type

When I search for the name in the finder window It doesn't find anything. I know I have many for this client so I manually found them. Then searched for it again, and found nothing.

Usually could search any portion of the name and get all the folders as a result. Feel like I can't trust the search results now.

Anybody having the same issues?

Please explain how this involves the Photos for Mac application where you are posting - nothing you do in Photos can be searched in the finder, you only access your Photos library information using the Photos application

LN

can't search with titles in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.