Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charter/Spectrum Email

When will Apple and Charter/Spectrum work together to allow iMac to receive Charter/Spectrum email? In talking with Charter/Spectrum, they say it's the iMac firmware that is causing the problem. I'm just a user, not a techie, how about a simple solution?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 10, 10.13.2

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:11 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2017 4:55 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

This ordeal usually happens once or twice a year. It seems to be in conjunction with updates to my Mac. The first sign that something is wrong is that I'm told that Mac email cannot connect to the server. When I've researched this in the past, it was suggested to reenter the email password, or delete the email account and start all over again. Sometimes this works, and sometimes (mostly) it doesn't.

When I try to set up the account, I get the 'circle of death' spinning around for a long time, then a message that my "email account or password" cannot be identified. After a dozen, or two, times trying to set up the account, I will start receiving emails again.

However, right now, although I am receiving email, I cannot send email on the Charter/Spectrum account. The email is configured according to the Charter/Spectrum web site instructions. I can still access my email through their web site, but I'd rather not have to use that extra step.

As I mentioned in my first post, Charter/Spectrum is blaming Mac. I'm just frustrated.

Charter/Spectrum Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.