Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my MAC address?

I need to change my MAC address so anyone knows how to change MAC address? I'm blocked on home WiFi network in this MAC address so I was thinking if I change my MAC address I can connect to home WiFi.

Note: My iPhone isn't a jailbroken device

Thanks 😉

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:02 PM

If the Access Control in the router has been set to allow only certain devices and the phone in question isn't one of them (or to block the phone's MAC address), no amount of rebooting the phone or disconnecting and reconnecting from the wifi will make any difference.

22 replies

Dec 17, 2017 1:43 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Our home WiFi is restricted by my father He set Wifi to blocking our MAC address to not access in internet because he says it's mine only I can use it so I wonder there is a another way to get in the Wifi

And he said if you reset Wifi settings to factory settings I will cancel the internet and there's no longer available internet at home. So I have to find a way to getting Wifi if I used other phones I can do this but I don't know how can I do that in iPhone.

Jan 19, 2018 9:26 PM in response to Ahmet_0710

It is possible to change it in IOS 10 and lower. Changing your MAC address can mess up your phone, learn and browse the web at your own risk when it comes to spoofing MAC addresses on Iphones. Ios 11 has very updated security features and if someone found a way to change them now that could be a lot of money in there pocket, but some people are smart enough to not share their ideas. Nobody can blame apple for updating all the time and force updating when you least expect it.

Can I change my MAC address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.