Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I change my MAC address?

I need to change my MAC address so anyone knows how to change MAC address? I'm blocked on home WiFi network in this MAC address so I was thinking if I change my MAC address I can connect to home WiFi.

Note: My iPhone isn't a jailbroken device

Thanks 😉

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 2:39 PM in response to Ahmet_0710 In response to Ahmet_0710

You can't change the MAC address on your iPhone.

That said, you can delete (forget) that wifi connection then try to connect your iPhone again.

If your home wifi network uses DHCP, then you'll be recognized again.

Regards

Giulio

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 17, 2017 1:43 PM in response to Lawrence Finch In response to Lawrence Finch

Our home WiFi is restricted by my father He set Wifi to blocking our MAC address to not access in internet because he says it's mine only I can use it so I wonder there is a another way to get in the Wifi

And he said if you reset Wifi settings to factory settings I will cancel the internet and there's no longer available internet at home. So I have to find a way to getting Wifi if I used other phones I can do this but I don't know how can I do that in iPhone.

Dec 17, 2017 1:43 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 2:39 PM in response to Ahmet_0710 In response to Ahmet_0710

That said, you can delete (forget) that wifi connection then try to connect your iPhone again.

Regards

Giulio

Dec 17, 2017 2:39 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 17, 2017 2:01 PM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

ProustGiulio wrote:

Well, not if the phone's MAC address (Wi-Fi) address is blacklisted in the router.

Dec 17, 2017 2:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 2:02 PM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

If the Access Control in the router has been set to allow only certain devices and the phone in question isn't one of them (or to block the phone's MAC address), no amount of rebooting the phone or disconnecting and reconnecting from the wifi will make any difference.

Dec 17, 2017 2:02 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Ahmet_0710

Question: Can I change my MAC address?