Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot restore ipod

Ny son forgot his passcode so we are trying to restore the iPod by putting it into recovery mode. When it asks for the apple id for the iPod, I put in the correct apply ID and it says "**** cannot be used to unlock this iPod" (**** being our apple ID). If I try a different password it tells me that the apple ID or password is incorrect, so I know I have used the right password for the apple ID but it is not letting me unlock the iPod. What can I do?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:32 PM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2017 6:10 PM in response to joyfulone

Hey there, joyfulone!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! From your post, I understand that you have an iPod touch you're trying to set up after restoring, and are getting stuck at the Activation Lock. You get an error that the Apple ID cannot be used to unlock the iPod. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, it sounds like the Apple ID you are trying to use was not the Apple ID that originally set up the iPod touch. My recommendation is to try any other Apple IDs you may have been using at the time of set up, with the password you are trying now, to see if you can regain access. If you aren't sure what other Apple IDs you may have used, you can try to recover them using the steps here: If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support .

Cheers!

cannot restore ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.