Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to block calls listed as NO CALLER ID & UNKNOWN on iPhone 5?

iPhone 5 vs 10.3.3 , 32 Gb. Without a Number there's no Option to BLOCK CALLER. I tried creating Contacts with those 2 'names', but one doesn't show BLOCK CALLER Option & the other has the Option, but it won't accept the 'block'.

I've made calls w/my ID turned off & have gotten recordings saying "This Number Does Not Accept Calls from Unidentifide Callers". What do I need to do to get that kind of block?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2017 8:19 PM

Aeonosphere wrote:

Without a Number there's no Option to BLOCK CALLER.

Correct. There is nothing you can do to block such callers.

However, you may use Do Not Disturb if you wish. That's one way to not be bothered by these callers.

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 23, 2017 8:27 PM in response to sberman

Thanks, I appreciate your response. To silence an incoming call I just press the + (volume up) button on the left edge of the phone. That doesn't stop the call from going to v-mail, but it does stop the sound. I wonder if there are any apps that would block those kinds of calls. I have placed calls after turning off my ID and sometimes gotten messages that say "This number does not accept calls from Unknown callers", or something like that.

How to block calls listed as NO CALLER ID & UNKNOWN on iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.