Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Final Cup Pro 360:

Final Cup Pro 360: I use an Insta360 One. It shoots in Video format: insv, mp4, LOG. Does FCP support these formats? If not how can I convert them to a usable format? Thanks

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 17, 2017 2:39 PM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for your reply Tom.

My version of FCPro 10.4 will not allow me to import .insv files.

Your link advises me that they must be stitched. I understood that this was done in camera.

I can manipulate .insv files in 360Studio, export it as an mp4 and then edit it in FCPro but that defeats the purpose. Once again, any advice appreciated.

Dec 17, 2017 2:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 6:05 PM in response to Stelephant In response to Stelephant

It's not done in the camera. It's done in their software.

but that defeats the purpose

Defeats what purpose? That is the purpose of stitching the angles together. It creates an equirectangular clip that continues a flattened image of the spherical recording that can be used in editing.

Dec 17, 2017 6:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 6:55 AM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Perhaps I misunderstood the capabilities of FCPro.

I wanted to be able to edit 360 degree footage, as 360 degree footage. I want to be able to produce film that allows the viewer to navigate around the film as it does in 360 Suite (Insta One's own basic editing software).

I already export film from 360 Suite as an flattened equirectangular mp4 but obviously it does not allow the viewer to benefit from 360.

Once again, any advice appreciated. Have a good day!

Dec 18, 2017 6:55 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Stelephant

Question: Final Cup Pro 360: