Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Round Robin Emails

How do I get off an email list where every time someone responds, it goes to everyone else on the list. I have received hundreds of these emails from a list of probably fifty strangers in the past month. Everyone asks to be removed but all that happens is that everyone else receives their request but no one is removed.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 6:00 PM

Learn how to identify and avoid fraudulent "phishing" email, fake ‘virus alerts’ and other scams:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759

How to report phishing emails to Apple:

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, please send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message, or take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and send it to imessage.spam@apple.com.
  • If you receive a suspicious message about your purchase activity in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, contact iTunes Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 6:00 PM in response to Ronald Everett

Learn how to identify and avoid fraudulent "phishing" email, fake ‘virus alerts’ and other scams:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759

How to report phishing emails to Apple:

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, please send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message, or take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and send it to imessage.spam@apple.com.
  • If you receive a suspicious message about your purchase activity in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, contact iTunes Support.

Dec 17, 2017 7:16 PM in response to Ronald Everett

I once got on a list of work related communications - do not know how or why as I had nothing to do with that company and it was getting out of hand. If you are truly annoyed by these (as I was) and the senders are not friends, I have found this method to work: I sent an email to the sender AND all the recipients stating that I have unsuccessfully tried to opt out as I consider these unsolicited emails spam. And, according to my state's Attorney General's office, repeated unsolicited emails will result in a minimum fine of $500 per incident if I file a complaint. So, kindly take me off your email list now. Thank you.

Round Robin Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.