Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Press home to unlock iOS11 Buggy

After updating from iOS 10.3.3 the other day to iOS 11.2.1, I noticed immediately that unlocking my phone had changed. I have rest finger to unlock turned off because I like to check the time with the home button.

Since updating my iPhone 6s+ to the latest operating system, even though I have rest finger to unlock turned off, it unlocks anyways - exTREMEly annoying when I'm just trying to check the time or notifications without my phone unlocking to the home screen. I've tested this on multiple different iphone's with iOS 11 and they all behave the same way.

I've tried everything, reinstalling the OS, etc, etc. I'm more posting this to bring attention to another huge bug in iOS 11 and hope that they pleeeease fix this!

*Also, 3D touch in the twitter app is now extremley buggy in iOS 11, thought I'd throw this in as well

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.2.1, Rest finger to unlock

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:50 PM

5 replies

Dec 17, 2017 1:26 PM in response to JimSteele

I just turned it off, and I have to press the HOME button to open. So this is a problem in your phone, not a general problem in iOS 11. Try turning it on, locking and unlocking the phone, then turn it off again.

While it's not what you asked, there are a couple of other ways to just see the time. The easiest is to turn on "Raise to Wake" (Settings/ Display & Brightness). Then all you have to do is pick up the phone to see the time; no need to touch any buttons. The other is to touch the HOME button with a finger that you have not registered for Touch ID.

And another? "Hey Siri, what time is it?"

Dec 17, 2017 1:32 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Nope, it's not my phone - it's the OS. The function when it's turned off works only half the time I should have specified, Rather, it's inconsistent - only works sometimes, the other times it behaves as rest to unlock. I've tested this on numerous iphones with touch ID running the latest version of iOS

I don't use raise to wake because it always turns on my home screen when I go to put it in my pocket. I'd rather just press the home button to check the time of notifications, rather then say 'Hey siri' on the skytrain haha

Press home to unlock iOS11 Buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.