Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access itunes library on new computer from ipod touch

Ipod touch 4 library on old computer can I transfer to new computer

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:43 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2017 6:08 PM in response to pljh1222

Hi pljh1222,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you have your iTunes library on an iPod touch and you want to transfer your library to a new computer. There are a few ways you can transfer a library to a new computer. One way is to download your past purchases from iTunes to the new computer. Another would be to migrate the data from the old computer to the new one. If the music only resides on the iPod touch, you are not able to sync that music to the new computer without it asking to erase the iPod touch before it will sync with the new computer.

Redownload or transfer your past purchases

If you don’t have a backup of your iTunes library and your old computer is unavailable, you can download past purchases made with your Apple ID.

If you have multiple Apple IDs, you might find it easier to transfer purchases from a device after authorizing your new computer with your Apple ID.

Use Migration Assistant

If you want to move your library from an old Mac to a new Mac, use Migration Assistant on a Mac.

If you want to move your library from a PC to a new Mac, use Windows Migration Assistant on a PC.

How to move your iTunes library to a new computer

Cheers.

Can I access itunes library on new computer from ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.