Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life

I am considering buying an Apple Watch 3 without the LTE function. My only real worry is the battery life as i frequently track walks/cycle rides of 8-10 hours which appears to be about double the life of the watch battery. I am also interested in sleep tracking. For this reason alone I am tempted to look at either the FitBit Ionic or the Garmin VivoActive3. If i were to buy an Apple watch I realise that I could get the sleepntracking bit to work if I charged the watch twice a day but as to the exercise tracking... Would the only option be to carry the charging cable and a power bank with me and then take a break in the middle of the day for an hour or so whilst I charged the watch or is there another way of tracking serious exercise?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 9:37 AM

My series 3 gps Apple watch comfortably lasts me two days. I usually do two hours workouts each day(5 or more miles walking) Apple says 5 hours of workouts which sounds right. You can use a low power mode which restricts(stops?) heart rate measuring which saves battery. I have no idea how much this would save as I am more interested in heart rate than anything else. Every other night I keep my watch on and the heart read outs give me a good proxy for how deeply I sleep. Head on pillow, 30 seconds, fast asleep usually. Spike when I go to toilet.head on pillow.......30 seconds.......

If you need the heart rate monitoring every time, for instance, if you are trying to improve performance then I think you might be pushing it.

You could buy FROM Apple store,not a dealer, try it, and if not satisfied in 14 days, get a refund. A power bank would work but argh!,....not an elegant solution.

hope this is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2018 9:37 AM in response to Powysbiker

My series 3 gps Apple watch comfortably lasts me two days. I usually do two hours workouts each day(5 or more miles walking) Apple says 5 hours of workouts which sounds right. You can use a low power mode which restricts(stops?) heart rate measuring which saves battery. I have no idea how much this would save as I am more interested in heart rate than anything else. Every other night I keep my watch on and the heart read outs give me a good proxy for how deeply I sleep. Head on pillow, 30 seconds, fast asleep usually. Spike when I go to toilet.head on pillow.......30 seconds.......

If you need the heart rate monitoring every time, for instance, if you are trying to improve performance then I think you might be pushing it.

You could buy FROM Apple store,not a dealer, try it, and if not satisfied in 14 days, get a refund. A power bank would work but argh!,....not an elegant solution.

hope this is helpful.

Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.