Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try calling people it dosent ring and when they answer i cant hear anytging

Calling didn’t work. Can’t hear when I call ppl.

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:02 PM

I'm going to assume that you have done a power cycle on your phone just to rule that out.

It sounds like your receiver (listening speaker) is out. I would try putting it on speaker phone and see if that makes any difference, if not, it sounds like a hardware issue.

However, just to be completely rule out software issues, I would backup your iPhone then wipe it clean and do a fresh install of the iOS. If it works after that, then migrate your information back and see if it continues to work. If not, then you're dealing with a hardware issue and will need to consult an Apple store or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)

Best of luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 6:02 PM in response to Lilybug543

I'm going to assume that you have done a power cycle on your phone just to rule that out.

It sounds like your receiver (listening speaker) is out. I would try putting it on speaker phone and see if that makes any difference, if not, it sounds like a hardware issue.

However, just to be completely rule out software issues, I would backup your iPhone then wipe it clean and do a fresh install of the iOS. If it works after that, then migrate your information back and see if it continues to work. If not, then you're dealing with a hardware issue and will need to consult an Apple store or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)

Best of luck!

when i try calling people it dosent ring and when they answer i cant hear anytging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.