Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upgrade and convert using i tunes plus

how do I upgrade purchased music and convert using i tunes plus so songs by DMR will play. I already purchased the i tunes match yearly ripoff

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:26 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2017 6:10 PM in response to brianfromhuffman

Hey Brian,

I'm pretty sure there are other ways to accomplish this, but here's how I've done it. (All these things refer to iTunes 12.7.2, so there may be minor differences for other versions.)

First, make a smart playlist with these rules:

• iCloud Status > is > Matched
  • Bit Rate > is less than > 256 kbps

Now set this playlist to the songs view: in the View menu, select View As > Songs.

If necessary, add a column for iCloud Download (which will show the little cloud icon in its assorted variations) by control-clicking/2-finger tapping/right-clicking on the row of column headers and selecting it from the pop-up menu.

Make sure you're logged into your iTunes account. Now test a single track first. Select it, then from the little 3-dot icon, or by control-clicking as before, choose "Remove Download."

A cloud icon with a down-arrow should appear next to the song title. Click that.

If this works with no problems, you can do the rest of your tracks in a batch, or however you like.

Cheers

how to upgrade and convert using i tunes plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.