Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile applications storage expendable?

Needing to free up some storage on my Mini, I discovered I have 9.35 GB of "Mobile applications" in the iTunes folder. We don't even use iTunes to manage iOS apps in MacOS any more, right? So what's all that stuff doing on my hard drive? I can delete it, can't I? (I'm viewing it in the document browser that pops up when you view storage under "About This Mac" and click the "manage" button). Or are those files part of the iPhone and iPad backups I've stored on this computer?

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), macmini6,2: late 2012 2.3 GHz i7

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:04 PM

If the applications get removed from the iTunes Store or updated to a version incompatible with older devices, you may need those files; they can still be manually dragged to the iPad or iPhone in the iTunes sidebar. They’re separate from the backups.

(155961)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 2:04 PM in response to Nina R

If the applications get removed from the iTunes Store or updated to a version incompatible with older devices, you may need those files; they can still be manually dragged to the iPad or iPhone in the iTunes sidebar. They’re separate from the backups.

(155961)

Mobile applications storage expendable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.