Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switched carriers and iMessage and FaceTime stuck on "waiting for activation"

Hi everyone,

I just switched phone providers today from Rogers to Koodo, and my iMessage and FaceTime is stuck on "waiting for activation". I've turned both off and on again, reset my phone, etc. and am still unable to get my iMessage and FaceTime to work. My phone also won't let me change my "sending/receiving messages" from my email to my phone number. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:41 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2017 2:44 PM in response to turtlesquinch

See this support document for help. If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you are still unable to activate the last step is to contact Apple Support. There is a link in the support document. Also, make sure that your account with Koodo includes a text plan. To activate iMessage and FaceTime, the phone needs to send and receive a hidden international SMS to the Apple Server in the UK. If that does not happen, then it will not activate. Make sure that Koodo has provisioned your account with an SMS plan.

Switched carriers and iMessage and FaceTime stuck on "waiting for activation"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.