Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track info lost when re-importing WAV file.

Whenever I add track info to a WAV file in iTunes, if I later need to re-import the file from the Library into iTunes, all that info I've painstakingly added is lost. Yes, I know I could use Apple Lossless or AIFF, but I've had glitches with both, and neither are accepted by my audio editing software. Is there a way around this?

Windows 7, Desktop PC

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 10:33 AM

No. When the .wav format was developed, there was no provision made for adding artwork (as mentioned in your other post) or anything other than basic tag information. So when you add that information to a wav file, it is actually iTunes that is storing the information separately from the file itself. Other formats, such as Apple Lossless etc, store the information and artwork within the file itself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 10:33 AM in response to Kristinelise57

No. When the .wav format was developed, there was no provision made for adding artwork (as mentioned in your other post) or anything other than basic tag information. So when you add that information to a wav file, it is actually iTunes that is storing the information separately from the file itself. Other formats, such as Apple Lossless etc, store the information and artwork within the file itself.

Track info lost when re-importing WAV file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.