Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group contacts

Whenever I type a few letters to get a contact to send a message to , multiple group contacts come up. How do I avoid getting these annoying groups and get only the contact I want

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:42 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 12:46 PM in response to eyemd1980

Hello eyemd1980,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone. What you are seeing is your previous recipient list. I am happy to help you clear this out.

You can clear the previous recipients list using the following steps.

1. Create a new message and begin to type the name or number of the contact you wish to remove.

2. When it appears in the list, tap the circled “i” button on the right to bring up the contact info window.

3. Here, you’ll find a red button labeled Remove from Recents. As its name suggests, tap it to delete that unwanted number once and for all.

Once the information has been removed, you’ll be returned to the New Message window. This time, you’ll notice that the unwanted number is gone, and that only the correct information from your Contacts app is displayed. Thanks and have a great holiday season.

Group contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.