Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID issue

Hello fellow Apple product users,

Ok, so here's the deal; two years ago my father gave me his iPhone 5. It was registered as a professional phone, therefore it was linked to his professional email address.

And here's the part of the story where things get weird; due to his workplace change, his email address is now permanently ruled out of order. Moreover, he can't remember neither his password, nor the answers to the security questions. And because his previous professional email address does not exist, we can't use it to reset the password. Thank god I was able to register my personal email on AppStore...

Can't remember for sure, but it's possible that his AppleID is disabled due to my numerous tries to get rid of it...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 4:42 PM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 5:19 PM in response to padim7gr

The ID could be disabled because you attempted to log into it too many times with the wrong password.

Have your Dad contact Apple ID support, but without knowing the security questions/answers, they may not help.

there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Dec 17, 2017 5:58 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks, but I suppose this won't be sufficient...

Random password, non-existent email address and random security answers that he can't recall is the worst combination. And I am this unlucky iPhone user who can't have 100% control over his own phone... iCloud can't be used and for me, that's a major problem... Note that from time to time the phone asks me to enter his password and it ****** me off...

If I don't get any different answer by late January, I think I'll have to save some money and buy a 5s idk... Anyway, thanks for your time!

Apple ID issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.