Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch 3 workout app uploads?

I was under the impression I would be able to replace my garmin forerunner with the series 3 watch given it is supposed to be such a great activity device. I found out today that using the workout app in cycling mode will not upload to strava. It will send a senseless message to strava saying I rode with the apple watch and the mileage, but does not include any data that is pertinent to keeping my cycling data online. The workout app itself has a wonderful amount of data, but just won't transfer or upload. So I guess my less than obvious question is is it possible to use the workout app and get the route map, calories, HR, speed, etc, etc data to strava or do I have to run the strava app which is garbage along with running the workout app at the same time?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 8:16 AM

Hi

It is not possible to run more than one workout session at a time on Apple Watch, using different apps.

If you do not wish to use Strava on your Apple Watch, then you may find that this third-party app meets your needs:

HealthFit on the App Store

• "HealthFit exports your Apple Watch workouts as FIT files, a popular open format supported by all the major fitness platforms, such as Garmin Connect, Strava, TrainingPeaks, RunKeeper"
  • "With HealthFit, you can .. Upload your workouts directly to Strava, TrainingPeaks and SportTracks."
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 8:16 AM in response to triumphnorton

Hi

It is not possible to run more than one workout session at a time on Apple Watch, using different apps.

If you do not wish to use Strava on your Apple Watch, then you may find that this third-party app meets your needs:

HealthFit on the App Store

• "HealthFit exports your Apple Watch workouts as FIT files, a popular open format supported by all the major fitness platforms, such as Garmin Connect, Strava, TrainingPeaks, RunKeeper"
  • "With HealthFit, you can .. Upload your workouts directly to Strava, TrainingPeaks and SportTracks."

apple watch 3 workout app uploads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.