Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U gone for Mac. Why?

Why were itunes u public courses recently made unavailable to Mac users?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 1:58 PM

I don't care if they move it out of iTunes, but have an iTunes U app that can handle it on the Mac. This just joins a long list of other "experiments" dumped by Apple that I as a user really like. Web page hosting, photo gallery, are other things I liked the idea of and I haven't found another online photo exhibition site that does as well as the Apple gallery. so, what will be dropped next?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2017 1:58 PM in response to mullerg76

I don't care if they move it out of iTunes, but have an iTunes U app that can handle it on the Mac. This just joins a long list of other "experiments" dumped by Apple that I as a user really like. Web page hosting, photo gallery, are other things I liked the idea of and I haven't found another online photo exhibition site that does as well as the Apple gallery. so, what will be dropped next?

Dec 30, 2017 4:17 PM in response to mullerg76

mullerg76 wrote:

Here is an example of what I am pointing out.

History of Architecture I

by The Ohio State University

View More from This Institution

This course material is only available in the iTunes U app on iPhone or iPad.

Only available in iOS not Mac. That's very disappointing for Mac users.

This link works just fine on my Mac (MacOS 10.13.2).

Clicking your link above, I see this in Safari ...

User uploaded file

... which leads to this in iTunes (I made this black and white so it would have sufficiently few pixels to fit here):

User uploaded file

iTunes U gone for Mac. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.