Related Article

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How can I sync iPhone calendar with iMac calendar without using iCloud?

How can I sync iPhone calendar with iMac calendar without using iCloud?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 7:26 PM in response to foxbyteme In response to foxbyteme

Hey foxbyteme,

I'm not aware of any way to do that. I imagine there must be a 3rd-party solution using different calendar apps and another cloud service like Dropbox or the Google ecosystem.

iCloud works pretty well, though.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 7:26 PM in response to foxbyteme In response to foxbyteme

Hey foxbyteme,

I'm not aware of any way to do that. I imagine there must be a 3rd-party solution using different calendar apps and another cloud service like Dropbox or the Google ecosystem.

iCloud works pretty well, though.

Dec 17, 2017 7:26 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 17, 2017 6:42 PM in response to foxbyteme In response to foxbyteme

Turn off iCloud syncing for Calendars in the iPhone's iCloud Settings. Then connect the iPhone to your computer and set the Calendar sync settings in iTunes/iPhone/Info. Unlike automatic iCloud syncing you will need to sync your calendars by connecting to the computer then syncing through iTunes, it will be automatic once setup.

Dec 17, 2017 6:42 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 12:34 PM in response to foxbyteme In response to foxbyteme

1. With the USB cable which came with your iPhone.Open iTunes. You should see a small icon of your iPhone:User uploaded file
    Click on it. Configure exactly what you want to synchronize by selecting the topleft settings:
    Summary, Music, Movies
    and when everything is setup as you like, just click on the down right button Sync.
  2. Through Wi-Fi.
    Open iTunes, select your iPhone, and within the settings Summary > Options, select Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi. Then do a first sync through the USB cable for this option to be registered on your iPhone.
    Plug your iPhone on a power supply. Put your Mac and your iPhone on the same Wi-Fi network. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General and select iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.

Dec 18, 2017 12:34 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 12:46 PM in response to foxbyteme In response to foxbyteme

This isn't old school 😉.

It is already complex to manage a safe synchronization between 2 stores of information: an iPhone and a Mac.
It is more complex to manage it within 3 stores of information: an iPhone, a Mac and an iCloud.
This is the reason why so many people get confused and lose their information or create duplicates unwillingly when they use iCloud.

Dec 18, 2017 12:46 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: foxbyteme

Question: How can I sync iPhone calendar with iMac calendar without using iCloud?