Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage3 content/Jampacks do not appear in Garageband 10.2

I've purchased, downloaded and installed Mainstage3 (ALL content) to my Mac. But even though ALL content is installed it doesn't appear in Garageband - I've looked in the 'legacy' section and the Jampacks aren't there. I'm not sure that any of the new content is there in the garageband sound library (software instruments, loops, Jan packs). I know this has previously been a problem, but I cannot find out how to get the installed content into garageband. Can anyone please help? (If I had £2500 to spare I'd buy an i7 Mac with Logic Pro X but I don't so am stuck with limited/limiting garageband). Thanks...

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 11:34 PM

Which version of MacOS X are you using?

You will find the JamPacks in MainStage 3 in the s section "Legacy", where you can download the contents you want.

User uploaded file

Did you restart the Mac after you installed the MainStage content? And did you reindex the Loops in GarageBand?

When you look at the Library Inspector in GarageBand 10.2, you will only see the JamPack content, if you selected a track of a matching kind. Make sure you have a software instrument track selected, when you look at the Legacy section, not a Drummer or an electric guitar:

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 11:34 PM in response to Stodius

Which version of MacOS X are you using?

You will find the JamPacks in MainStage 3 in the s section "Legacy", where you can download the contents you want.

User uploaded file

Did you restart the Mac after you installed the MainStage content? And did you reindex the Loops in GarageBand?

When you look at the Library Inspector in GarageBand 10.2, you will only see the JamPack content, if you selected a track of a matching kind. Make sure you have a software instrument track selected, when you look at the Legacy section, not a Drummer or an electric guitar:

User uploaded file

Mainstage3 content/Jampacks do not appear in Garageband 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.