Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ad trackers? "Cannot verify server identity"

I've started getting messages that say "cannot verify server identity" while using safari on my iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.3.

The site names are criteo.com, bounceexchange.com and wistia.com. I googled them and they seem to be as tracking sites. I installed Adblock Plus but I'm still getting the messages.

I have cleared history and web data multiple times with no success. How do I make this stop?

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:21 PM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 10:45 PM in response to mfcaprio

Hi caprio ,

I researched a bit to look into solutions for ya.

There were a few, varied solutions as lots are unique.

But, it appears that date and time set up was the most prevalent fix for it. This is what they did:

***Amend to IOS settings, of course :)

Ex: force quit safari

Then, settings - General- date and time - then follow the check/uncheck, wait for 10 seconds, then relaunch safari.

I hope this works for you! Keep us posted (:

Quit

Safari. Open the  Apple menu and go to System Preferences. Choose “Date & Time” and check the box for “Set date and time automatically” (if the box is already checked, uncheck it, wait 10 seconds, then check it again) Relaunch Safari

Ad trackers? "Cannot verify server identity"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.