Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Ipod Touch

I have lost my iPod touch, stupidly the find my iPod is not on plus I'm pretty sure its dead. When i log on to iCloud it shows up in the devices section as logged in but that's it. Am I totally screwed and its lost forever or is there anything else i could do?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 5:36 PM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2017 10:58 AM in response to Eleanor x

• If you lost it (or think you may have lost it) in a shopping mall, school building, public library, retail store etc, ask at that location whether it has been found and handed in.
  • If you think you left it on public transport (such as a bus, train or even a taxi), ask at their Lost Property office.
  • If you think you may have lost it in an open area, ask at the nearest police station to see whether it has been handed in.

When we see posts here from people who have found an iPod, the experienced contributors here always suggest that the finder hands it in at the aforementioned places. Apple do not and cannot maintain any form of register to find lost devices.

Even if you lost it in a public building or on public transport, the finder may have handed it into a police station instead of the mall's Lost Property office, so check the police station too. If you think you lost it anywhere else, such as in your house or at a friend's, then Allan's advice is the way to go.

Lost Ipod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.