Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV starts automatically when turning on DVD player with HDMI splitter

Apple TV starts automatically when turning on DVD player with HDMI splitter. My TV has 2 HDMI ports and I have 3 devices. TV is on HDMI 1 and splitter on HDMI 2...I have a DVD player and Apple TV on the splitter. When the Apple TV is off and I turn on the DVD player, the Apple TV senses and overrides the DVD player. I’ll check the splitter settings but is there a way to stop Apple from automatically starting?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:05 PM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 10:40 PM in response to vazandrew

Went into Remote App and Devices earlier and turned it off...restarted ATV then shut it off by Home button/sleep...light went out. Turned on DVD player (which is on the HDMI 2 plug with a 2 way splitter shared by ATV and Blu-ray player), dropped in disk and heard it start playing...even watched the count numbers as it played but NOTHING ON THE TV SCREEN. As the Blu-ray player played on, I unplugged the ATV power plug from the back and suddenly their was the dvd movie playing...plugged the ATV back in and screen went black, turned ATV off with remote and screen still black. Tomorrow, gonna try hooking TV up to cable and shift the ATV to HDMI 1 on the TV and Blu-ray player to HDMI 2

Apple TV starts automatically when turning on DVD player with HDMI splitter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.