Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari wont open search results in google images

I have Mac OSX 10.9.5 and Safari version 9.1.3

Up until a few days ago (15 Dec 2017) I was able to click and open any image from a Google Image search.

Suddenly that no longer worked except when I used Firefox version 57.0.1 as the browser.

I turned off Javascript and, hey presto, I could open images with a click again (using Safari / Google search) but disabling Javascript also disables lots of other things - including the log-on to this Apple Community website.

I'm surprised I'm the only one with the problem but community posts along similar lies are mostly old ones and none seem to have come up with a solution until, presumably, Apple twigged to the problem and fixed it.

As it stands, the only way I can operate is with Javascript enabled but that, in turn, disables the opening of images in an image search.

Anyone found a solution?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:00 PM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2017 11:02 AM in response to Nojay

I just started having the same problem. Tried everything I could think of. Could be Google has a beef with Apple or Apples lack of support for older OS had made Safari nonfunctioning.

I think I'm going to switch to Chrome since I can use handoff or what ever they call on all my devices. Apple doesnt seem to want this to work across different operating systems either.

We have to keep in mind Apple is not a computer company anymore, they are a phone company.

safari wont open search results in google images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.