Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to track your lost iPhone while it is off?

I lost my iPhone today, whoever picked it up turned the phone off. I cannot use findmyiphone because the device is offline. I’m wondering if there is any possible way to track the serial number or something.

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:28 PM

This might be of help:

User uploaded file

If Find My iPhone is enabled on your missing device

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC, or use the Find My iPhone app on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Find your device. ...
  3. Turn on Lost Mode. ...
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. ...
  5. Erase your device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 6:28 PM in response to Coeycoeycoey6

This might be of help:

User uploaded file

If Find My iPhone is enabled on your missing device

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC, or use the Find My iPhone app on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Find your device. ...
  3. Turn on Lost Mode. ...
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. ...
  5. Erase your device.

Dec 17, 2017 6:26 PM in response to Coeycoeycoey6

Sorry, no.

See the following from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Find My iPhone is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My iPhone isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there is no other Apple service that can find, track, or otherwise flag your device for you.

The same link does have some other things that you may want to do so you may want to read the entire article.

Dec 17, 2017 6:30 PM in response to Coeycoeycoey6

Coeycoeycoey6 wrote:

Is there any way to get my photos off of it? I have a MacBook but don’t know how to get my pictures off my iPhone I don’t have

There isn't a way to access anything directly from the phone but if you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, you can use any computer and log in to www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there to see if you can see the photos. If so, you can turn iCloud Photo Library on in the phone after the reset and they will sync to it. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but possibly did have iCloud backup turned on and have forgotten about it, the backup would have happened automatically while the phone was charging if wi-fi was available. If so, you can restore the entire phone (not just the photos) from iCloud. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Is there a way to track your lost iPhone while it is off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.