Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Momentary Screen Glitch on 2017 MBP running 10.13.2

I'm running a 2017 15" Retina MBP with Touch Bar. Current OS version is 10.13.2. For the past month or so I've been experiencing sporadic screen glitches, wherein part of the screen (which part varies) will momentarily be replaced by something else (some sort of scrambled image, or just black), just for a split second, and then return to normal. Responsiveness doesn't suffer, nothing crashes, etc.

I'm not sure what the root problem is, or what triggers it. It seems to happen at random, but often several times a day. Is this a known issue with either the MBP or High Sierra? It wasn't happening before I upgraded to 10.13.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:41 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2017 11:57 AM in response to Emilco

Hello Emilco,

I understand that you are having an issue with the screen on your Mac. I use my Mac a lot and know how important it is to have your device working the way you expect, and I'm here to help.

Here is a resource that can help you:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Please let us know if you are still having issues.
Have a great day!

Momentary Screen Glitch on 2017 MBP running 10.13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.