Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with iMovie 10.1.8

I am currently running MacOC High Sierra v10.13.2 on a mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro and I have also upgraded my iMovie to version 10.1.8.

I have been trying to import a video from my Sony Handycam HDR-XR150 and what happens is that initially iMovie tries to mount it then ultimately ejects it. It is still listed in the list of available cameras but not in the list of devices. Therefore, I can't import my videos. What should I do if my videocam is no longer recognized by iMovie? Even Quicktime Player will not import the video.

Also, when opening App Store, in the Featured, pane I see all available app and the iMovie has an Update button on it but when I try to update, nothing happens? I am not able to update. Any issues I need to know about this? iMovie essentially works fine if not for not being to import video and that update that's not happening.

Please help.

Thanks!

iMovie 10, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:12 PM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2017 6:41 PM in response to RobieZ

Hi,

Try using the Image Capture app on your Mac to import the video to your desktop, and then see if you can import it into iMovie from there. If you can't, then you may have to convert the movie to Mp4 using the free download, Handbrake.

The reason that nothing happens when you try to update iMovie from the app store is that you already have updated to the most current version, iMovie 10.1.8.

-- Rich

Dec 17, 2017 7:34 PM in response to Rich839

Thanks Rich,

Unfortunately, Image Capture only recognizes photos and not videos within my videocam. So I am still unable to import videos.

Also, if iMovie is updated, the button on its left should say "Open" not "Update". I'm curious why in my App Store it still says "Update" when my iMovie is already the current version.

Thanks again.

Issues with iMovie 10.1.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.