Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius Bar ruined my Mac going in tomorrow to ask what’s going on

Long stor short

My Mac was working perfectly fine But it made a rattling noise which I assume is a fan issue

Spent the whole quarter in college using it and waited till I returned home to visit my local Apple store to see what the problem was

I spent the whole night before using it

I went into the store to see what was going on and they said there was most likely an issue with the fan

They then told me I could either get tier 4 care or just continue to use my laptop as is and I picked tier 4 since the fan issue was not such a big deal to the extent where I needed a new laptop since mine was working perfectly fine.

They took my laptop behind the Genius Bar to take a look a my laptop and since I assumed my laptop is working fine I left

But now that I am home my laptop won’t even turnOn. The fact that my laptop was working fine before they brought it behind the genius part where they did god knows what to it and that now the battery can’t hold a charge has left me with a unusable laptop.

I have looked up various forums on how to tackle this issue and to my surprise a lot of forums highlight this issue too. The fact that Apple took their laptop and returned it broken. I fully intend to take it back tomorrow but I need to be prepared if they deny responsibility.

Im sure I can prove my laptop was working up until the moment they brought it behind the Genius Bar, but I don’t have much faith that apples ingerity from all the forums I’ve read on how they’ve denied responsibility and blame it on previous issues.

So in the case Apple does deny responsibility, how should I proceed?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:47 PM

1 reply

Genius Bar ruined my Mac going in tomorrow to ask what’s going on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.